Hollywood / Spectra / PICO Skin Rejuvenation Laser Peel
At Strimling Dermatology, Laser & Vein Institute of Summerlin, Las Vegas; Hollywood / Spectra / PICO Laser treatments are performed or supervised by board certified Dr. Robert Strimling, MD. With over 25 years experience, our “Award Winning Cosmetic Surgeon” Dr. Strimling is one of the most experienced cosmetic laser dermatologists in Las Vegas. Because of his vast experience and knowledge, you can feel comfortable knowing that you will get credible advice and precision treatment at our Institute.
Hollywood / Spectra / PICO Laser rejuvenation / peel is a non-ablative to minimally ablative, safe, effective, no downtime to minimal downtime skin rejuvenation treatment.
Hollywood / Spectra / PICO Laser peel reduces fine lines (wrinkles), undesirable red & brown skin discolorations (aka dyschromias), improves acne, scars, texture and shrinks large pores. Hollywood / Spectra / PICO Laser peel also removes facial hair at or just below the surface (similar to dermaplaning), and lightens dark fine (vellus) hairs.
Hollywood / Spectra Laser Peel is the gold standard laser treatment for shrinking large pores and improving related skin texture irregularities.
Hollywood / Spectra Peel is also equally effective in addressing stubborn acne.
Click here for our Before & Afters Photo Slide Presentation.
What is the procedure for a Hollywood / Spectra Laser Peel?
The Hollywood / Spectra Laser peel is a 2-step carbon-assisted rejuvenation process. Eyeshields are placed over your eyes before the laser treatment for protection. First, a thin layer of carbon-based Spectra lotion is applied to the face for 10-15 minutes or more to facilitate penetration into pores; followed by a full face laser pass in Hollywood / Spectra mode [i.e. Quasi-long pulse mode] that reaches deep into the skin (into the dermis); photobiostimulating skin cell regeneration and reducing inflammation.
Subsequent passes in the Q-switched mode remove the fine carbon particles via photomechanical destruction; peeling the old surface layer skin away, sterilizing the skin while unclogging pores and stimulating new skin growth.
Photomechanical destruction (explosion) of fine carbon particles within pores stimulates remodeling of the inside of pores, resulting in pore size reduction. Dramatic reduction in pore size and improvement in skin texture is possible.
Dermal skin cells associated with skin rejuvenation are also stimulated resulting in controlled collagen regeneration and remodeling associated with improved skin tone, texture and acne, scar and wrinkle reduction without significant downtime or side effects.
Additional passes may be needed for lightening / removal of unwanted facial hair.
A brief heat sensation can be felt each time the laser delivers a beam of light. However, most patients find the procedure comfortable.
You may be able to see visible improvements after the first treatment. However, a series of 3-5 or more treatments is usually recommended,
depending upon the conditions being treated. Also, to maintain your results, again depending upon the condition being treated, follow-up treatments at periodic, regular intervals may be recommended.
Advantages of the Hollywood / Spectra Laser Peel include:
- Avoids prolonged downtime and post-inflammatory pigmentation side effects possible with ablative laser procedures and strong acid peels in certain predisposed skin types
- Can be used in combination with other treatments
- Continued maintenance treatments are effective for anti-aging programs
- Treats many conditions safely and effectively
- Collagen stimulation / rejuvenation
- Dual mode peel is highly effective with excellent results
Hollywood / Spectra Laser Peel for Acne
The Hollywood / Spectra Laser Peel for Acne is a highly effective option for stubborn acne.
- Reduces all types of acne
- Reduces redness from inflamed acne
- Improves acne scars
- Controls sebum (i.e. oil) production
- Shrinks large pores
- Safe even for inflamed acne
- Reduces reoccurrences and inflammation
- May obviate the need for acne medications
- May not need to extract comedones (white- / blackheads)
Relative and Absolute Contraindications to Hollywood / Spectra Laser Peel include:
- Melasma – as Laser Toning is the preferred method of laser treatment
- vitiligo, sunburned or tanned skin (chemical or sun-induced)
- Accutane (Isotretinoin) use within the past 6 months
- pregnancy / breast feeding
- active skin disease / infection or untreated skin cancer in treatment area
- AIDS / HIV or hepatitis
Hollywood / Spectra Laser Peel does not tighten loose, saggy skin. Loose, saggy extra skin can be improved with non-invasive skin tightening / lifting, such as with our Sciton SkinTyte, Exilis, and / or Ultherapy. Other complimentary adjunct procedures include Botox / Dysport and Wrinkle Fillers.
Alternatives to Hollywood - Spectra - PICO Laser Peel include:
- Fractional Radiofrequency Microneedling
- Ablative Laser Resurfacing
- Chemical Peels and / or
- Skin Care Programs
- Please download our Hollywood - Spectra - PICO Laser Informed Consent & Patient Instructions for more information.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (702) 243-6400 to schedule a Hollywood - Spectra - PICO laser consultation with one of our experienced cosmetic laser specialists.